Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival Kick Off Dinner at Manuela with guest Chef Justin Smillie
August 22 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm$150
We are kicking off a much anticipated weekend of events with a collaboration between Justin Smillie, acclaimed chef and cookbook author (Upland NYC & Upland Miami) and Manuela executive chef, Kris Tominaga. This East Coast / West Coast mash up is sure to please!
Chefs Tominaga and Smillie will join forces to celebrate local, seasonal ingredients (some sourced from Manuela’s own on-site garden) and their shared penchant for California cuisine. Hosted at communal tables in Manuela’s stunningly landscaped courtyard, the evening will begin with hors d’oeuvres, followed by two courses of family-style dishes, and ending with dessert. Standouts of the menu include:
- Smoky Duck Sausage with nectarines, pole beans and pecan pesto
- Serpent Cucumber with smoked trout roe, yogurt, bee pollen and shiso
- Masa Fried Whole Belly Clams with avocado salsa verde, pickled cabbage and peppers
- Smoked Lamb Shoulder with fava beans, sungold tomatoes, charred red onion, sprouted lentils and bibb lettuce
- Crispy Cracked Rice with local prawns, roasted tomato, chili and garlic aioli
Tickets available here.