MAKING STRIDES !!
Making strides is a Free Event to connect to folks, provide early detection and prevention information
and also a Celebration of Survivors!!
From the opening ceremony to the post-celebration entertainment, the Making Strides event is a celebration of survivors and opportunity to remember loved-ones lost. It’s a day that shouldn’t be missed and won’t be forgotten.
Visit NBC4 and Telemundo 52 booths next to stage for photo opps with MC’s Lolita & Azalea and pick up fun giveaways!! Get more info on the MC’s below!
Please join our team, celebrate in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event, and help us make it a special, fun day. If you can’t join us, consider making a donation!!
WHEN: OCTOBER 21ST. 8 AM TO 12 PM
WHERE: DTLA @ Convention Center, West Hall A (1201 S Figueroa St)
The event is the only event specific to breast cancer as breast cancer is so relevant, prevalent, and breast cancer advancements benefit so many other types of cancer.
There should be almost 10,000 enjoying this year’s event and all types of events, fun, DJ’s and live entertainment. Food will be included inside the convention center!!
- 8:00 AM – REGISTRATION
- 8:15 AM – SPEAKERS AND WARM-UP
- NBC4 Reporter Lolita Lopez and Telemundo 52 Reporter Azalea Iniguez to co-emcee the opening program
- National Anthem by R&B singer & Breast Cancer Survivor Tarsha Rodgers
- Survivor Speaker Erika Sears from our Sponsor Weight Watchers
- Warm Up by Kaycee Duale & Pulse Fitness Studio
- Survivor Recognition Lap & Event Kickoff!
- 9:00 AM – EVENT KICK-OFF
- Survivor Lap – Around the indoor track
- Youth Tent – Fun for the kids
- Survivor Tent – Lounge Are, massage therapist, Goody Bag, get away from Family.
- Fitness Stations – Zumba, Bootcamp, Karaoke and tons more!!…….
- Feel good classes – How to do makeup, photo booth, and…….
- Pink Merchandise –
- 11:00 AM – Closing Ceremonies
- AFTER – Hey you’ll be downtown why not spend some time in DTLA, one fine city !!
NBC4 Reporter & Breast Cancer Survivor
Lolita Lopez joined NBC4 Southern California as a general assignment reporter in 2011. She can be seen weekly reporting for NBC4 news at 11 a.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. Her most recent news stories can be viewed here. and see her Bio.
FOLLOW HER ON:
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/lolitaNBCLA
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/lolitanbcla/
- NBCLA.com: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/
Telemundo 52 Reporter
FOLLOW HER ON:
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/AzaleaIniguez/
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/azaleainiguez/
- Website: http://www.telemundo52.com
DTLA EVENT CREATOR
Her official title: Community Manager – Los Angeles. She began as an American Cancer Society volunteer in 2004. She’s from San Diego, and by next year, will have been helping change life’s with the American Cancer Society for half her life. Way to go Jordan!! You have to wonder how many people she’s helped. WOW!!
She created the event from scratch in 2014 and decided on DTLA as it’s so interesting and a great destination for this county wide event!! We’d have to agree with that!!
Thnx for all you’ve done Jordan!!
AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY
The American Cancer Society, is on a mission to free the world from cancer through funding, research, sharing expert information, supporting patients, and spreading the word about prevention!!
All so you can live longer — and better!!
Here are some of the services that ACS provide:
- Active treatment Transportation – Free Transportation to active treatment.
- Look good feel better – Free wigs. makeup, wig care, free makeup kits, and more.
- Free Cancer Specialists (800 Number) – Late night calls for cancer patients who need help; usually late at night.
- Hope Lodge Communities – Free stay for cancer patients getting treatment, extended treatment for example or long drives.
- Peer Support Services – Match survivor with recent diagnosed cancer patient; phone or in person.
- Patient Navigators – Now have ACS staff in county hospitals to help navigate the process (Insurance, steps, forms, medications, medication schedules, etc.).
Many Thnx to Nicholas Brown (@ovrdsthebrand) for story layout and design.