Mediterranean Food. When you think about it – what’s the first thing that crosses your mind? Falafel? Greek Salad? Baklava? Name a traditional dish and it will most likely end up on the menu at such-and-such place. Which is good, but overall pretty basic. Making it nice going to a stumble upon a place where the menu is traditional with a inventive side of contemporary flare. Cleo L.A. Live falls under that modern category. Open Sunday through Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Cleo combines local flavors with modern accents inspired by diverse cultures positioned along the Mediterranean, and paired next to an innovative list of signature craft cocktails to sip on. Cleo Restaurant DTLA Downtown LA LA Live.
The award-winning restaurant opened its newest Downtown LA location in the fall of 2016. Positioned in East Paseo off Figueroa Avenue. Featuring stunning interior and a wrap-around patio, complete with a lively dining room. Perfect for dining before or after your event at L.A. Live, or daily social hours with associates and friends. From the moment you walk in, until the moment you get seated – Cleo L.A. Live will make you feel right at home. Offering a distinctly fresh menu and seasonal small plates in a pleasant, warm and social atmosphere that’s perfect for dining on dishes in family style.
First thing you’ll notice is the dazzling interior decor. Second, the robust aroma of Chef Danny Elmaleh’s modern Mediterranean cuisine permeating from the kitchen. Chef Danny is an award-winning chef and culinary mastermind behind many of the delectable dishes. His culinary pedigree, food, vision and thoroughness make him a rare talent in the ever-evolving restaurant scene.
WHAT MAKES CLEO L.A. LIVE SO NEXT LEVEL?
Cleo is so next level because:
- Their breakfast, lunch and dinner is so vast and versatile. The serve dishes ranging from pumpkin spice waffles, to traditional falafels, lamb sliders, to raviolli
- Their dishes can be altered upon request to fit your diet
- Their menu is both vegan and vegetarian friendly
- Their dishes are served family style. So if you don’t know what to order – no worries! Cleo offers a variety of sharable entrees. Creating more of a homey/communal vibe
- Their signature craft cocktails can be modified to match whichever spirits your taste buds fancy. Don’t want vodka? Fine! Ask for Mezcal Tequila or Bourbon instead
The list could continue, but I will end it there.
Long story short – next time you find yourself at L.A. Live, consider dining at Cleo Restaurant, or at least put it on your list of “places to go.” For more information, please visit their website or follow them on Instagram.
All Images Taken By Jovanni Cortez Unless Stated Otherwise
Cleo L.A. Live | 800 West Olympic Blvd. | Los Angeles, CA 90015 | 323.525.2400 | Make A Reservation
Open Sunday through Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Breakfast 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Lunch 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Social Hour 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Dinner 5:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.